Monday, October 6, 2008

Family updates

It's been a while since I posted any updates, so I thought I'd do a quick general one. I have some pictures that I'll probably post tomorrow.

Aaron - he's been working a lot of hours (one night was until 2:30 am), so I haven't seen much of him lately. He did get a chance to go duck hunting over the weekend with Shelby and his dad. It was cold and rainy, but he said they had a great time. I think they brought home 10 ducks. His dad kept them all. Aaron and I went to Wendover for our anniversary this past week. We spent the night and really enjoyed having time to ourselves. We didnt' lose our shirts either, so it was a good trip.

Me - my appointment was routine (thanks for asking Kristen!). I am still measuring bigger than my due date, but the doctor wasn't concerned. I confirmed that I don't have gestational diabetes. In fact, the doctor told me my blood sugar levels were better than his. The baby is very active these past few days and I think she's switched positions in my belly quite a few times. Sometimes I think she's still breech, but other times she kicks things that are on my stomach, like my book or the remote. Next appointment is on the 16th.

Shelby - had her parent teacher conference on Thursday. Her teacher loves her, just like all the others. She is doing really well in all her classes. She has 2 more soccer games to play before the season is put on hold until the spring. She also went duck hunting with Aaron on Saturday, but didn't like the smell of the swamp.

Gretchen - still loves school. Her PTC is on Thursday this week. She is reading little books that they send home from school every day. It's so fun to watch her learn and grow. Gretch has 1 more soccer game left. She played on Saturday at 8 am in the rain. It was a shorter game, but she was a trooper and played really well. The coach is trying to talk us into doing an indoor league, but she wants to do gymnastics instead.

One last update - the girls and I went to the dentist last week. No cavities for any of us! Yeah for good teeth!

No comments: