Monday, September 15, 2008

Baby update

Since I haven't posted any updates on the baby in a while, I thought I'd do one today.
- I am 27 weeks along and have been feeling pretty good.
- I am having a hard time sleeping at night, mostly because my hips hurt.
- I waddle when I walk, until I catch myself and then I try to walk normally.
- I have gained 8 pounds, so far. My scale says I've put on another few already this month. Ouch! Too much cake.
- The baby is breech, but that's not a big deal right now. She switches positions a lot, so I'm not worried.
- I only have 2 pairs of casual pants and 2 pairs of dress pants that fit me. I only have 4-5 shirts that fit as well. I am getting tired of wearing the same thing, so I may have to break down and buy me a few more things.
- Apparently, I don't have gestational diabetes. I took the test on August 28th, and I haven't heard anything from the doctor's office. Yeah! No finger pricking this time!
- I go in on Tuesday to check my thyroid again. They have changed my prescription 2 times now and I have to have blood taken each time to make sure it's working. This time however, I found out that I was taking my medication wrong. The pharmacist told me I can't take it with my prenatal pills because the calcium in the prenatal bonds to the thyroid medicine and makes it null and invalid. So I started taking them separately. Should be interesting to see how my levels look this time.
- I went to the Old Navy baby sale and had some clothes in hand and walking toward the register, but stopped myself and decided to wait another month or so before I buy anything. (Only because we have spent a lot this month on birthdays and as of this past weekend, a new washer.)
- Last appointment I measured 2 weeks ahead of my due date, but they say that can be normal.

My next appointment is on 9/25.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How'd the appointment go?