Bret had some extra tickets to the motocross event at Rice Eccles stadium on Saturday night. Aaron, Shelby and Gretchen and I gladly accepted them! This is the first motocross event my girls have been to and they had a total blast. Gretchen loved the flames and when the bikes would fly over the big hill in the middle. Shelby thought the people watching was the best. So much white trash in one place, it's hard not to have a good time! There were lots of wrecks, but no injuries, thank heavens. We decided to eat after the event, so my kids ate at 11:00 at night, for the first time. A night of firsts. :-)
Bailey had a blast playing with Miley at Grandma Jenkins' house, though I think she would have had a good time. I think she really enjoyed being the only one left and having grandma all to herself at 10:30 at night. Grandma was a good sport and played Memory with her.
We celebrated April's birthday on Sunday at Dad's house. I was in the baking mood again (I know you're shocked), so I made these cute sunflower cupcakes. Leslie gave me a couple cupcake cookbooks for my birthday and this was a hybrid from two of the designs. I think they turned out cute! And the wedding cake cupcakes are the BEST! So glad April was good enough to have a birthday so we could get together, chat and eat!
Happy Birthday April!
Friday, May 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment