Friday, May 24, 2013

Duke and chickens

I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Raleigh, North Carolina a few weeks ago.  The trip was for work, but I found time to run over to Durham and visit the Duke University campus.  Aaron has been a huge Duke fan for years.  Specifically, he loves Coach Krzyzewski, the Duke basketball coach.  He would love to meet coach K at some point in his life. 
Some day, I'll take Aaron here for a game

There's a big grass / flower park thing on campus dedicated to coach K

When I got home on Friday night, my kids came screaming into the garage and before I could get myself fully out of the car, they announced that dad had bought chickens.  Aaron has been dying to own chickens for a long time and finally did it.  He has 2 that are two weeks old and 3 that are two days old. They are currently living in the basement, until they get old enough to live outside.  Aaron now has to find/build them a chicken coop. 

These are Americana chickens and will lay green, blue and brown eggs. So, if you are interested in fresh eggs, I might be able to help you out in a few months.

This whole experience should be fun for the kids.  (and they are really cute when they are little)
They jump on the side of the box to roost, but I haven't seen them jump out of the box yet.

No comments: