Hope you had a satisfying Thanksgiving this year!
I had a visit from my Visiting Teachers last week. During the visit we all joked about how crazy the holidays were for us and how it is stressful to spend time with family on both sides in one day. Aaron and I have traditionally had Thanksgiving dinner at Aaron's parents house in the afternoon and then raced home to prepare food for an evening meal with my family. My visiting teachers have the same experience every year too. This makes for kind of a crazy day, where I am cooking multiple things for two dinners and we eat WAY too much.
Well, one of my visiting teachers made the comment that we should be grateful we have families to spend the holiday's with. And that really hit home this year. It's so true. I am very grateful I have so much family close by that my day IS crazy. My Thanksgiving was much more relaxed and pleasant with that frame of mind.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment