Gretchen started Kindergarten on Monday, 8/25. She is in the afternoon session, so she doesn't have to be at school until 12:30. It was a beautiful day for walking to school and a lot of other parents were there too. Gretchen wore her favorite Hello Kitty shirt and a cute pair of jeans. She even let me put her hair in a pony tail, which lasted until right after soccer practice Monday night.
When she walked in, we found her cubby and put her folder in it. Then hung up her backpack and found the nametag with her name on it. It had monkeys on it, which matched her backpack. That was cool. 
She had some homework from when we first met her teacher, which was a paper with pictures of her family and her and some of her favorite things. She was able to color some of the paper and write down her favorite things and we pasted pictures of the family on it. She turned that paper in and went to find a book to read on the rug.
That's when mom lost it. Yes, I cried. Well, I teared up and had to leave before Gretchen noticed. She was so happy and excited, I didn't want her to think something was wrong. I will blame it on the pregnancy, but really it's just hard to see your kids grow up. After school she said it was fantastic and she is excited every morning now when she gets up because she gets to go to school. She even sang us a song she learned on Tuesday, which was very cute.
Here are a few more pictures of her. One on the first day and the others from her second day. Her outfit was so cute, I had to take a picture.
5 comments:
So cute! I know I'm going to cry my eyes out when Izzy goes to school. I hope I have another little girl by then to keep me company. Sounds like you guys are going to have your hands way full with the new baby and all the fun things you've been doing, I guess it's good that she's coming in Dec, right?
Despite how crazy it's going to make the holidays, I'm kind of glad she's coming in December. I will really enjoy the 3 months off during that time. Plus, I'll have the winter months in sweaters and coats to trim down again. :-)
I'm sure you are going to love getting Izzy ready for school. And you'll be a great room mom too or PTA president. Ya never know...
Chantel! I linked to your blog from Marni's. I didn't know you were going to name your baby Bailey. That is so funny, I have a Bailey - very good name :-)
Hey Brooke!! I had heard that, but only after Aaron and I told his family we decided on that name. Hope you don't mind! So far it's stuck, but ya never know for sure until after they are born.
growing up way too fast!
Post a Comment