We're headed up to the cabin in Island Park again this weekend. We will be there until Tuesday, 8/12. I am taking some craft projects to work on during the vacation. I am going to buy some fleece for Shelby. We will cut it into squares and she will tie the squares together to make a blanket. I am going to work on my very first crochet-edged blanket. I have 3 already hemstitched, so I'm excited to test my skills. Never done it before, so I'm sure there will be plenty of cursing and re-do's.
Shelby is excited to starts school. She doesn't know who her teacher is yet and will have to wait until we come back from the cabin to find out. She is pretty bummed about that, but I'm sure she'll forget as soon as we get up there and start having fun. Shelby and I sat down over the past weekend and had "The Talk". I wanted her to know some of the basics of things that will start happening to her as she gets older. Unfortunately, the book I gave her, went into a little more details on the s-e-x portion of things that I would have wanted. My bad for not reading the whole thing before giving it to her. Oh well. She asked a bunch of questions and seems to be doing ok with this new knowledge.
Gretchen starts kindergarten on 8/25. We meet her teacher on 8/20. She cant' wait. We went shopping for school supplies and clothes. She has a cute new monkey backpack and is all set to learn. Gretchen has been warned that she will have to have her hair done for school now, so she needs to get prepared to have it brushed every day, by mom. Not the quick brushing she gives it these days. Gretchen has a nice tan this summer from playing with her friends. The girls across the street have a cool blow-up water slide and the girls both spend a lot of time over there.
Aaron and I have had some great rides on the Harley this summer. I really love that bike. Aaron keeps it nice a clean / polished. He and I have also spent a lot of time weeding our flowerbeds. We are both sore and tired. We also moved one of our apple trees to give them a little more room to grow. Next year we'll get the rest of the shrubs and trees planted.
We are interviewing nannies over the next few days. Trying to find someone who can watch the girls before and after school on a couple of days during the week. Keep your fingers crossed that we find someone good.
'til next time! Be safe everyone!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chan! Sounds like you guys are having a blast this summer! Oh and congratulations on baby Bailey! We had no idea! So so so happy for you! we need to get together soon!
Love you guys
Post a Comment