Friday, March 1, 2013

Old Metal Mouth - aka Gretchen


Gretchen finally has braces.  She had to wait an extra 6 weeks and now I'm not so sure she's that thrilled.  Her teeth hurt for 3-4 days, and she didn't have an appetite during those days.  We gave her Tylenol and fed her soft foods too.  She told me the other day that it doesn't hurt to bite down now, so I think we're past the bad part, until the next appointment.  :-)

Every night, she gets to wear headgear to pull her upper jaw forward.  We also turn her expander still 2 times a week.  We go back in a few weeks to start the teeth moving process.  She needs her 4 front teeth moved so 2 teeth can come in. (those have been missing for 2 years)

She will have the braces for about 1 year.  I'm sure she'll be very happy once the process is all over.  When Shelby did this, I was amazed at how different she looked.  I'll have to post a before / after type thing for both of them. 

No comments: