Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My latest obsession

I have picked up a new project and can't seem to get enough of it.  When I was pregnant with Bailey, I asked my mother-in-law to teach me how to crochet the edges on baby blankets.  I went crazy and made 8 just for Bailey.  I then started making them for other people and always have one or two laying around waiting for a new baby. 

While purusing Pinterest, shocking I know, I found a crochet project.  I am making boot cuffs.  They fit over your tights, nylons, jeans etc. and just under the top of your boots, to make it look like you're wearing thick socks, but you're not. 

I have made about a dozen pairs so far in various colors.  Here is a pair I just finished.

My really good friend at work suggested I try making this cute kid's scarf she saw on Etsy.  So, I picked up some yarn at Joann's and tried it out.  It took me about an hour to make and it turned out so cute - I just had to share!!!!   

No comments: