Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ugggh!!

Bailey: "Mom, are you old yet?"
Me: "Ugggh!"

Yes, that's how my 4 year old decided to wish me a happy birthday on Monday.  :-)  It would be nice to be 4 again and look forward to getting older.  Don't get me wrong, I don't feel old (yet) and I don't think 43 is really all that bad.  But, I still don't look forward to having to admit to people that I'm another year older. 

My kids were wonderful and made the day very special. (Aaron had to work) Shelby got up at 7:30 am to make baked french toast.  It was heavenly with caramelized brown sugar on the bottom of the pan.  She made me climb back in bed and pretend I had just woken up so she could serve it in bed.  Then the girls climbed in bed with me and we all snuggled while I ate. 

We took the kids out for a family dinner at Carrabbas.  We were stuffed, but still made room for the yummy dessert Shelby made for me.  It's layered with chocolate chip cookies, Reece's peanut butter cups, Oreos and Brownies.  We added a little vanilla ice cream and made ourselves sick eating more than we should. 


No comments: