Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Fabulously Green Room

While Aaron was in Frankfurt in September, I moved Shelby out of the room she shared with Gretchen, moved Bailey into the room with Gretchen and moved Shelby into Bailey's old room.  While we were doing this, we decided to give Shelby's room a fresh coat of colorful paint.  She settled on a really bright green and I think it turned out fabulous!  Here are some photos I took during the process:
  Gretchen, Bridgely (Shelby's BFF) and Shelby 
The old color was my standard house color of tan. We spent all Saturday, after soccer games, finishing the prep work and painting.  We went to dinner after the first coat was on and did another coat after dinner. By Sunday morning, it was dry enough to take off the tape and reveal the finished product.  

Bailey was so excited to help.  We couldn't keep her hands off the paint brushes.  

One wall finished

We decided to accent this bright green with black and a little splash of purple. 
Hopefully this color lasts her through high school.  It looks really nice.  I'll have to take a new picture once we paint her headboard and get her the new comforter for her bed.

No comments: