I've been kind of lax in making updates. Some of my laziness I'll blame on the drugs I was on, but I've been off those for a week now. Also, the kids started school, they started soccer again and Bailey started going to a new babysitter. Talk about a crazy couple of weeks.
Surgery - The surgery went well. According to the doctor, he had to fix 4 holes (hernias) and he also removed a fatty deposit. (which he said was not cancerous) So, the surgery was bigger than he expected, but it went well. I have an incision 1/2 an inch below my belly button in the shape of a smile. It is still taped up even after 2 weeks. I also have a hole a few inches down where they had a drain in me for the first 5 days. (side note) Strange that they can just pull that drain out and put only gauze and tape over it instead of stitching it up. I mean, it was all the way inside my body. Just seems weird.
I couldn't do anything by myself (including getting on and off the toilet) without help from Aaron over the first few days. By the third day, I could get myself mostly out of bed and to the bathroom all alone. It was a huge step. After a week, I was fully mobile. My only lingering issues are that my stomach muscles are still sore and will take up to a month to heal, I can't pick things up off the floor sometimes if I am sitting down and I can't sit on the floor and get myself up. Aaron was a HUGE help and proved to be a great nurse/homemaker. He even made Sunday dinner, which was tasty!
Bailey - Bailey is teething and is having a hard time with it. Her two top teeth are coming in and she has been feverish, cranky, can't sleep, won't eat, and cries a lot. It's been hard on us too. She's just not our normal cute, happy baby. We're hoping they break through this weekend, so we can all feel better. :-)
Shelby - 6th grade is pretty fun so far, according to Shelby. She is getting back in to the swing of things and is being a big help to Gretchen, showing her around and making sure she gets to and from school safely. Shelby's biggest news over the past two weeks is that she scored a goal during her first soccer game. It was so awesome that I got tears in my eyes. She normally plays defender, but her coach has been trying her out at other positions and she had a beautiful goal. She also head butted the soccer ball twice during the same game. It was so much fun!
Gretchen - Gretchie started 1st grade this year. We asked her what her favorite part of schools was, and she said having 2 recesses every day was the best. she also thinks eating lunch at school is pretty cool. We pack a lunch for her most days and she will get to pick one day a week to eat school lunch. She started soccer as well and is loving having Aaron as her coach. Her team is a little better this year with a good mix of boys and girls on the team. they scored a few goals during their first game, so that was fun. Last year, I think her team scored only 2 goals the whole season.
Well, I think that covers the updates here. Here is an look at our schedule over the next month or so:
- We are heading to see Blondie in concert this weekend out at Wendover
- We're headed up to the cabin in Island Park over Labor Day weekend
- September 9th is Gretchen's birthday - cake and ice cream at our house for anyone who wants to come over
- September 10th is Aaron's birthday - again, ice cream and eclairs for anyone who wants to come over
- September 11th is Dad's birthday - haven't heard about plans, but most likely celebrating that on Sunday.
- September 12th - we are heading down to St George to see Aida at Tuacahn
- September 18th - Aaron and I are going to Vegas for 3 days
- October 3rd or 4th - Aaron heads to Australia for a week
1 comment:
You guys are going to Vegas, Fun!!! We are going to Park City that weekend for Bryans B-day.
I love your blog, way cute! Thanks for adding my button & following the blog. Your awesome!
So I have sent you a invite for our family blog.
I guess I better go get some cleaning done before the babies wake up :)
Post a Comment