
It's been a while since I've updated my blog. My trip to Oregon was fun. I stayed at Nel's house and we worked our buns off getting the cakes baked and decorated before the wedding on Saturday night. But, despite the 90+ degree weather in the kitchen, I think they turned out beautiful.
We baked all day on Friday and while the cakes cooled Friday night, we went with several of the wedding party, including Kelli and her new boyfriend Ian, over to a karaoke bar.

Kelli and Ian

Kelli and I. When we were younger, it was really easy to mistake us in photos.

Nel and Kelli. They were a little crazy, but I'm not sharing that story on this family site. :-)

My uncle Kenny and I. Kenny is the father of the bride too. We had a dinner over at his house on Friday night as well. Yummy grilled tri-tip.

This is a closeup of the cake toppers. We arranged these fresh flowers for all three display cakes on Saturday, the day of the wedding.

This is a picture of Janelle's fridge with the cakes in it. We made 5 cakes. Each had 2 layers with a cream cheese and fresh strawberry center and cream cheese frosting. We wrapped ribbon matching Kareen's dress around the base and secured it with pear tipped pins.

The happy couple. Kareen and Jason.

The girls, singing YMCA. Kareen, Me, Janelle and Kelli.

Janelle, Me, Kareen and Kelli again.
No comments:
Post a Comment