Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another surgery

I am going in for another surgery on Friday, 8/14. I have a lump in my stomach that the doctors think is either a fibrous fatty deposit or a herniated umbilical something. Rather than going through the scoping process to determine exactly what it is, I decided just to get the surgery done to fix it. If it is the fatty deposit, they will just remove it. If it is the hernia thingy, they will fix it.

Either way, it is a short 1 hour procedure that will include an incision above and around my belly button. I will be recovering over the weekend and planning to work from home the whole next week.

I'm a little nervous, but I'm getting to be old hat at this whole surgery thing now. :-) I'll post again after I'm done and let you know what the verdict was.

1 comment:

The Shurtleffs said...

Hey Chan,
I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Let me know if you need any help with anything. Bailey looked so cute in her seat with her little sucker. Love it! Looks like you had fun in Oregon too. :)