Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grandma Harris visit

It's been a while since I've posted. We've been really busy and things at work have picked up, so I don't have a lot of free time any more. I will try to catch up on my posts when I can find spare time. Ha!


Grandma Harris came out to Utah on July 9th to visit with the grandkids that live here. She spent the weekend with Aleta's family, but I stole her away for Friday night and we went to the SLC Bees baseball game. Grandma told me a while back that she loved watching the Detroit Tigers on TV and I thought she'd really enjoy going to a live game. The Bees aren't major league, but we sure have a great time whenever we go.


We stopped at Costco and grabbed hot dogs for dinner first and then headed off to our upper deck seats. Grandma had to shift in her chair a few times to get an angle where she could see the batter, but after that she was hooked. Bailey lasted until the top of the 9th inning when she gave us the signal that it was time to go home. The Bees won the game and we got to hear the roar of the crowd as we were crossing the street to get to our car.


I got grandma back to Aleta's house after 11 pm which will probably cause me to be grounded from taking grandma out again. It was fun to catch up with grandma and to spend some time with her and my little family. Here are 2 pictures we took of her with Bailey. (you know how much grandma LOVES pictures) :-)



No comments: