Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cabin Fun

The cabin was, as always, a blast. Here is a highlight of happenings from that week:

1. It rained a little everyday (and all day on the first 3 days)

2. Aaron ran into a bear about 400 yards down the road from the cabin. He came back and got us and we drove back to the spot. We were able to see the bear in the trees about 75 yards off the road. It was a huge black bear. I also decided that walks were going to be eliminated for the remainder of the trip.

3. Grandpa Jenkins joined us for most of the week. He and Aaron had a great time fishing on Henry's lake.
4. The whole family spent a few hours on the boat fishing. Bailey had a good time playing with toys on the floor. she didn't like the life jacket very much. :-(

5. We took a drive over to Cody, WY on Saturday. We had never been through the East entrance of Yellowstone, so it was fun to see a different side of the park. I will post some pictures of the interesting sites we saw there.
I'm not exactly sure what this is.....
Probably the weirdest house I've ever seen

6. In Cody, WY, we spent the day going through 5 museums combined into one building. Most of the time was spent in the gun museum, which Gretchen declared the most boring thing she has ever done in her whole entire life. In fact, she was so bored that she kept trying to get kicked out by hiding the sticker they gave us that shows we paid to get in. One time she hid it on the back of her neck, another time on her bum and another time on the bottom of her shoe. Unfortunately for her, security never caught on and she had to endure looking at the 1200 guns on the first floor of the museum.

The girls loved the natural history museum, though. It was full of activities and hands on stuff. I think their favorite part was the silicone molds of animal pooh. Nice......

7. We got ice cream in West Yellowstone twice. Yeah!

8. I bought bright green t-shirts for the girls and brought up a bleach pen and let them draw designs on the t-shirts. They turned out so cute!!!!

9. Bailey slept really well the whole trip. Compared to the last time we were at the cabin, she was an angel.

10. Grandpa really enjoyed playing pat-a-cake with Bailey and getting his buns kicked in Cribbage by Shelby.

I'll post pictures at a later date. I actually can't seem to find my camera, but I'm not 100% unpacked yet. (I think it's in the truck)

1 comment:

Shelby Jenkins said...

Nice I did kick his buns in Cribbage didnt I?