Monday, March 2, 2009

Bad Dog - I mean anyone want a free dog??


Ashes, the family dog had a bad weekend. Bad enough that we are considering moving her to an outside kennel.

I walked into the office on Sunday morning to find Aaron's new dress shoe, Gretchen's boot, Bailey's boot, Gretchen's homework and Bailey's headband, all chewed up on the floor. Along with that, some items from the garbage and a sock.

This isn't the first time she has done this. The reason Aaron's dress shoes are new, is because she did the same thing to his last pair. She has eaten 4-5 pairs of Gretchen's shoes and a few of Shelby's and mine. She has even chewed on our desk and the baseboard in the office.

We have tried so many things to get her to understand that chewing is bad, but she doesn't get it. So, if anyone knows a family looking for a cute, lovable dog, let us know!

:-)

3 comments:

jamie said...

Uh oh Ashes! That's not good! I know it's mean, but we used a shock collar for Lofi, and it worked. Once in a while, if she is bored she will track down a flip flop, but other than that, she has completely stopped. Good luck!

jenkinsblog said...

I've heard several people say the same thing. Maybe that's what we need to do. Thanks for the suggestion! I hope it works!!!

The Shurtleffs said...

Oh pets! We finally got rid of Gambit...Heath's still kind of upset about that. We had to stop keeping Dolce in the garage because our stupid neighbor made a complaint, and I guess it's not allowed in our complex. So far he's been pretty good, except, he loves to chew up paper! We can't leave any on the floor. Other than that, he's been pretty good!