Aaron - went to Australia for a week for business and then spent a fabulous 4 days in New Zealand fishing. The airline lost his luggage for the first day and a half, so he spent his only free day in Australia in jeans on the beach during Australia Days (which is similar to our 4th of July). It was sunny and about 80 degrees the whole time.
New Zealand was a little bit cooler at about 65-70 degrees during the day. The fishing there was very different from here in the states. The rivers are so clear that they do "sight fishing". This is where someone spots the fish and tells the fisherman where to drop the line. They have to be very careful dropping the line and walking around because the fish spook very easily. The neat thing about these brown trout are that the smallest fish Aaron caught was a little over 3 pounds. In some areas, the average fish are 6-8 pounds. He has some amazing pictures that I'll need to post.
Chantel - I am back at work again. Today is my first full day back in the office. I am missing Bailey a lot, but I haven't cried.....yet. I still haven't lost my baby weight, but I am able to exercise now, so hopefully it will start coming off. I went running for the first time on Thursday last week and it just about killed me. I am so out of shape!!! I am committed to continuing my long term weight goals, so I will keep at it. If any of you have any inspiration, I could use it!
Shelby - is still liking 5th grade, though I think she is liking the boys in class more than the education. :-) She continues to beg for a cell phone, which we refuse to give in to just yet. She also loves Webkinz and since getting 5 at her birthday, she now has a total of 10. Here are a few pictures from her b-day.
Gretchen - is taking gymnastics and learning to do cartwheels. She loves Kindergarten and is doing better at reading that I ever expected. She can sound out some really hard words and loves to read to Bailey. Gretchen has a few friends that she plays with all the time and when she isn't playing outside, she's playing the Wii.
Bailey - is growing like a weed. Last doctor visit (a few weeks ago), she was 11 lbs 9 oz. She smiles all the time, especially in the morning when she first wakes up. She isn't sleeping at night very well yet. She continues to get up twice a night. Aaron and I are taking turns getting up with her. She hates being on her stomach, but loves to sit on the couch. She loves to kick anything that her feet can reach. Her favorite time has to be in the bathtub. She splashes, smiles, kicks, giggles, etc. It is so fun to see her. Here is an updated picture. +
1 comment:
Wow! It looks like you are all having fun! Im jealous of Aaron's trip! One day....one day. That little peanut of yours still just seems so small! My friend just had a baby and he was 9 lbs 12 oz!!!! I just thought about how Bailey would look next to Finn! She'd be months older and smaller!
I hope things keep going well for you!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment