Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boston, Fried Oreos and kids

I spent last week on a business trip to Boston. I stayed right downtown, about .3 miles from Faneuil Hall (an old marketplace and town hall). Across the street from my hotel was the Granary Cemetery where famous early Americans as Paul Revere, Benjamin Franklin and Samuel Adams are buried. The headstone in the picture above was Samuel Adams'. They have people dressed up in costumes from way back when and they tell fun stories while taking people on a tour of the cities sites along the Freedom Trail.

On Tuesday of that week, my company took us to dinner in a downtown restaurant. I couple pass up the opportunity to eat dessert when they offered the option of getting Fried Oreos. I have to say, that even though they were probably 350 calories each, they were fantastic!!! The picture below is poor, but it was dim lighting and it was on my cell phone.

Lastly, the kids are catching up in school after missing a few days to go on the deer hunt with Aaron. They didn't shoot any deer, and saw very few over the 4 days there were out. Aaron was very disappointed, but the girls still had fun camping and playing with cousin Memrice. I will post some pictures when Aaron gets back from Idaho with the camera. He took off this morning for the cabin to fish the Madison river for the last time this year.

After he gets back from the cabin, he'll be home for Halloween weekend and then takes off for South Dakota for a pheasant hunting trip. As soon as he gets back, he leaves for Australia for business. So, needless to say, I'm going to be a single parent for the next month or so. Yeah!

Bailey is crawling up and down the stairs now. I have to watch her carefully going down because she still tries to go head first sometimes. Her new babysitter, Erin (whom we LOVE!!!), was diagnosed with H1N1 on Tuesday, so we are keeping Bailey home for the rest of this week. Bailey is going in for her vaccination tonight, so hopefully she won't get sick.

Get better soon Erin!!!


That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks!! I'm so glad she didn't get sick.

Well I am glad that your home! I missed talking to you when you brought miss bailey