Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

We did our annual trip to the cabin in Island Park for Memorial Day this year. The weather was chilly at night and mild during the day. Just about perfect. The cabin was full, and unfortunately for those who decided to go up, Bailey had a really hard time sleeping. I believe over the first two nights, Aaron and I got a total of 6 hours of sleep. Bailey was running a fever for the first two days, and by Sunday we were convinced she had another ear infection. We drove the 1 1/2 hours to Idaho Falls and had a nice doctor at the local Urgent Care facility confirm our "parent-certified" diagnosis. Those who left Monday night were probably pretty glad to finally get some rest and by the time we came home on Tuesday, Bailey was much better. In fact, she is sleeping until about 6:30 or 7 am every day now. It's great!!!

On Monday, when most people were leaving to go home, I took the girls and went into Yellowstone park. We saw tons of buffalo. (I believe Shelby counted 170+). Lots of babies too. We saw 15 or so elk too.

Yes, that's buffalo pooh. Gretchen pointed it out everywhere we went. :-)


We stopped off at the stinky pots (paint pots) and drove through the Firehole Lake loop. We discovered the loop a few years ago and love the fun stuff down that road.


We stopped on the way out to get a picture of my favorite tree in the whole park. I love that it is a complete hole. Not many of those around and I was afraid that it might blow over one of these days and I won't see it anymore.

After the park, we stopped to get ice cream. Shocking, I know... We took the ice cream over to the West Yellowstone city park and played on the playground there. The girls loved it and Gretchen declared it to be the 3rd best day ever. (not sure what 1 and 2 are.....)

No comments: