Spicy Tomatillo Avocado Dip
We love to eat at Los Cucos. I can't get enough of their green tomatillo salsa and thought I'd try to make it for a party we went to on Sunday night. I searched and found a recipe that was close and gave it a try. It turned out so good, I put it on my hamburger as well. It ended up more like a guacamole than a salsa, but that could be due to my Vitamix, which doesn't leave any chunks at all in anything we blend. :-) This makes quite a bit, so you can cut it in half if you need to. Here's the recipe:
3 medium avocados
1 can (28 - 32 oz) green tomatillos
2 cloves garlic
1 large fresh jalapeno
handful of fresh cilantro
2 tsp salt
8 oz sour cream
1 tsp fajita seasoning (more to taste)
1 cup water or as needed during blending
Mix all ingredients in the blender on high until smooth. Add water as necessary to thin - though I liked it thick and didn't add any. Store in the fridge for a few hours prior to serving.
Serve with veggies, tortilla chips or on a hamburger, like I did.


No comments:
Post a Comment