I kind of quit posting for a while, but decided this was the best way for me to keep track of things going on in our family. I am hoping I can figure out a way to print all of these posts someday to give to the kids.
Here's what's been going on:
1. Aaron finished his first year of his MBA. He currently has a 4.0 and just started his first elective class. Only 1 year to go. Yeah! We're all really proud of him.
2. Not much going on for me, other than racing from work to various kids activities. I help out at Gretchen's class one day a month, which G thinks is pretty cool. I joined a book club and love it. We are reading To Kill a Mockingbird this month. I can't believe how much more I am enjoying this from when I read it in high school. :-) Of course in high school I was more interested in my friends than reading.
3. Shelby is finishing up her first term in 8th grade - with a 4.0 no less. Like father like daughter. She got contacts in August and looks beautiful. She is playing soccer and basketball right now and working on doing the splits. Her Dance class put on a recital that we attended at Lehi High School back in December. She did great!
4. Gretchie started gymnastic last week and loves it. She also played her first basketball game of the season last Saturday. They don't keep score, but we're pretty sure her team won. This is the first year they do all girls teams. She has 3 other girls from her school on the team. She got a rip stick for Christmas and is having a blast riding it to school every day.
5. Bailey still rules the house. She loves Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie and Curious George. She loves to dress up and put on makeup. She plays Go Fish and does puzzles a lot too. We love her and when she's not making us pull our hair out, she's wonderful to have around. :-) The other day I was putting her to bed and she tooted. She said "Whoa bum! One at a time!" I cried because I laughed so hard. Gotta love her! She also just learned how to give us the thumbs up.
We are thinking of taking a family trip to Oregon in the summer. Spend a little time at the cabin and then hopefully (if I have my way) go to the Redwood forest in Cali. We'll see if we can make things work - but that's the talk anyway. We also have the Harris family reunion this summer up in Heber. Should be fun to see everyone again.
I'll post again soon. Love you all!
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment