I haven't posted anything for a while. Just being a little lazy. Plus, I'm still in the denial phase of turning 40. Here are the happenings in our family:
1. Yes, I turned 40 on January 21st. We had a pretty low key birthday, which was just what I wanted. A nice dinner at Donnovan's steak house in SLC, a new office chair and car wash gift card, plus cute clothes and some awesome jewelry. Of course, we couldn't leave out the gag gifts from Dad and April, and my co-workers. My cubical was decked out in black streamers, black balloons and confetti. Dad and April gave me some needed replacement body parts and a yummy "40 Sucks" sucker. Bailey's been trying to eat it ever since. :-)
2. Shelby participated in the annual Science Fair at school. She did experiments around evaporation of liquids when exposed to wind, sun and a lamp. She did a great job and we're very proud of her.
3. Shelby started b-ball games in 2 leagues. She is doing Jr Flash in Lehi and Jr Jazz in PG. She is loving all the games and is learning a lot. She is usually the tallest on the floor, so it makes it fun for her. She enjoys holding the ball in one hand above her head and watching the other girls jump to try and get it. :-) If you're interested in coming to any games, let me know and I'll send you a schedule. One fun side-note, Parker practices right before Shelby does in PG, so we get to see him every Thursday!
4. Gretchen has been upgraded to chapter books in school. So, her take home reading is getting harder. I guess that is an indication of how well she is reading for kids her age. Go Gretchie!!!
5. Bailey is growing up so fast. She is starting to talk now. Her vocabulary consists of: Hi, tank-tyou, nana and dad. She is a little pint sized tornado and I find my self following her around and cleaning up after her constantly. She loves to help me "organize" the dishwasher when I am doing dishes. She apparently thinks the silverware belongs at the bottom of the dishwasher and the plates belong on the floor. Good thing she's cute!!
6. Aaron is starting to take apart his Harley to add the handlebars. He is also preparing for his trip to Australia mid-Feb. He has been hard at work getting everything set for our trip to DisneyWorld in April as well. I am very excited to see all the fun things there and experience them with the kids.
Well, that should get everyone up to date on our family. Hope everyone is doing well. Love you all!!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As I was looking at your blog Zach caught a glemse of Bailey and was so excited! He ran over and grabed her and ran back to the computer. She is now sitting her (almost on the computer) so excited clapping and yelling!
What a cutie you have!!!!
Post a Comment